Marble is a metamorphic rock formed from limestone with heat and pressure over many years from the earth's crust. The pressure or forces cause the limestone to change in texture and makeup. The process is called re-crystallisation.
Advantages of using Marble
- Marble is tough but nowhere near as tough as Granite
- Associated in warm areas for cooling properties
- Highly valued for its beauty, strength and resistance to fire and erosion
- Aesthetically appealing and hygienic
- There are bright colours as well as dark, which include various shades of pink, gray, white, gold, black, blue, purple, etc